Happy Summer Girls’ High Community!
Please take time over the next few months to rest, relax, and recharge. Focus on your self and do things that bring you joy.
Summer Assignments can be found in the tab marked Summer Assignments on our website (https://girlshs.philasd.org). All students must read the book STAMPED: Racism, Antiracism, and You. The book is the foundation for all English and Social Studies classes upon our return. All students also have Math work from Khan Academy. Upper level students have assignments according to their classes. Please check the tabs.
Student return to school is scheduled for August 31, 2021! We can’t wait to have you back in the building. Our daily schedule runs 8:00am-3:19pm. Classes begin at 8:15am, however, students are expected by 8:00am to enter, go to lockers, grab breakfast, and report to class on-time.
Student Transportation– Fare Cards will be given upon our return. You must live over 1.5 miles walking distance to qualify for a Fare Card. Central Office calculates the distance and provides the school with the list of names for cards. Please ensure your address is correct in the system.
PHSG Building– our building will be closed from June 23, 2021-August 9, 2021 for the summer. There is no phone or fax services during this time, nor is anyone on site to assist you.
Girls’ High Gear can be purchased at our School Store found here: https://girls-high-ptda-school-store.square.site/ . Shirts are a standard part of the Dress Code. Students are also required to purchase the gym uniform through their Physical Education teacher upon our return in August.
School Supplies vary class to class but a general list is as follows:
- Graphing calculator is a must- TI-84, Ti’Nspire or a Ti-83+ are all acceptable
- Notebooks and writing utensils- while students have chromebooks, it will help with organization if a notebook/copybook and writing utensils are handy.
- Chromebook cover- you may want to purchase a protective cover for your device.
- School supplied items- the school will supply an Agenda Book, class books or virtual textbooks, and necessary materials for classes such as art and music.
- Teachers may request specific materials that can enhance a student’s learning experience in their specific content area.
We are hoping to have Open Houses for each grade the week before our official return (August 23rd-August27th). The weekly posting of Updates will begin again on August 16, 2021 with more specific dates and detailed items for our return.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer,
Philadelphia High School for Girls Staff