Hello PHSG Community,
Our first week back has given us a lot to think about as our country struggles through transition and begins to move forward. While many of us were stuck in anger and disbelief at the events that unfolded, hopefully you had the opportunity to process your feelings and develop a plan for moving forward. Clubs are a great way to begin to take action and/or build your skills in arenas that are important to you. Some student groups you may want to join can be found on this sheet. The teacher advisory can be emailed questions or concerns you may have regarding meetings. Some great advocacy clubs include the Change Agent Club, GH Philly Student Union, and GSA. New this week is the Medical Career Association! The first meeting is happening Thursday (meeting link is on the sheet). See the list to find a club that’s right for you.
DUAL ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITY offered by Arcadia University Spring 2021: FREE PROGRAM
- Who is Eligible?: Arcadia University’s Dual Enrollment Program is open to all eligible Juniors and Seniors.
- Admission Criteria: 3.0 GPA or higher, score of Advanced or Proficient on State Testing, current Philadelphia High School for Girls Student.
- All sections of the application MUST BE COMPLETED in full. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
- Classes will be held virtually and are scheduled to begin on January 25, 2021.
- Email Ms. Doss with any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Quarter Grades Closing- the second quarter is coming to a close. All work is due to teachers no later than January 22, 2021.
PTDA Meeting– all parents, teachers and students are invited to participate in our Parent, Teacher, Daughter Association. The monthly meeting is being held this Thursday, January 14th at 7:00pm. Zoom Information is as follows:
Meeting ID: 825 4793 2762
Events coming up this month:
Town Halls– Team Google Classroom meet link, at 2:45pm on your assigned day. Topics- grade specific activities, course selection, etc.
- Senior- January 19th
- Junior- January 20th
- Sophomore- January 26th
- Freshmen- January 27th
Big/Little Sister event– Monday, January 25, 2021
Spirit Week– January 25-29, 2021
Yours in the Intangible Spirit,